Pickled Curried Cauliflower and Carrots
Yields: 2 jars
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 head cauliflower florets I used purple which makes this dish red!
- 5 small carrots, sliced
- Add vinegars, sugar, peppercorns, curry powder, mustard seeds, and salt to pot and bring to a boil.
- Add cauliflower and carrots to pot and again bring to a boil. Cook until desired softness. (I like mine a bit crispy.)
- Use slotted spoon to transfer veggies to jars, then funnel in brine until full.
- Let jar cool and transfer to fridge. These will last 3 weeks without the canning process.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes