Cozy Winter Mitten Cookies
Yields: 24 cookies
- 2 3/4 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 c. butter, melted
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pastel Royal Icing (recipe below)
- White decorating icing
- Mitten cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Stir flour, baking soda, and baking powder in bowl.
- Add butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add vanilla and egg.
- Roll dough into ball and wrap in saran. Refrigerate until cool.
- Roll out dough and cut out mitten shapes with cookie cutter.
- Bake cookies 5-8 minutes then cool on wire rack.
- Ice cookies once cooled and use white icing to add designs.
- Cut marshmallows in half and place along bottom of mitten design.
- Preparation time: 35 minutes
- Cook time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes