Cinnamon Apple + Chicken Stuffed Acorn Squash
Yields: 6 servings
- 2 packages Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Breast Tenders (8 oz. total)
- 4 Gala apples
- 3 acorn squash (I used golden acorn squash but any variety will do)
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 4 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Smoked Gouda
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Poke apples with fork 3-4 times and add them to small, greased metal pan. Cook apples for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
- While apples are cooking, halve squash, scooping out the seeds. Use fork to poke squash interior 3-4 times.
- Fill microwavable dish with 1 1/2 inches of water and place halved squash flat side down inside. Microwave squash for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil chicken in pot of water until fully cooked. Drain, rinse in cold water and shred.
- Remove skin from apples once cooked (it should peel off effortlessly) and dice into small pieces.
- Mix chicken, apples, butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt and pepper to taste. Scoop chicken mixture into cooked squash and topped with smoked Gouda.
- Cook squash in broiler (set on high) on baking sheet for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes