Butterscotch Crumble Cupcakes
Yields: 24 cupcakes
- 1 package Betty Crocker SuperMoist Yellow Cake Mix
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 6 oz. confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Peanut Butter Scotchies (recipe above)
- Bake 24 cupcakes as per box's instructions.
- For the frosting, melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add brown sugar and stir constantly with wooden spoon for 4-5 minutes.
- Add cream and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and continue stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Beat in sugar and vanilla. Stir until thick and smooth.
- Once cupcakes are cooled, frost with butterscotch frosting.
- Crush up Peanut Butter Scotchies into crumbles and top cupcakes. Enjoy!
- Preparation time: 45 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes