Hello there! I’m Sarabeth. Welcome to my own little corner of the Internet where I muse on about parenthood, design, travel, style, recipes, beauty, and anything else I dream up.
Growing up in Buffalo, NY gave me a strong sense of family and friendship early on. I was constantly writing – whether making fake magazines in my grandparents’ living room or spiral-bound Goosebumps-esque books (super cringeworthy, let me tell you!) – and although my momma told me I was born to be an English major, I took up history at Buffalo State College instead. From there I spent nearly a decade in California, moving back to Western New York in 2018.
My first little one, Fox Henry, was born in the month of February, hence the name of the blog. I welcomed my sweet second son Charles “Charlie” Thorne in March 2019.
I created The February Fox as a way to keep in touch with myself through life changing event of motherhood while working from home full time as a magazine editor. It was nice to have a spot to knock off the baby talk, roll up my sleeves and get dirty!
A few of my favorite things:
- Finding the perfect gift and the gift wrapping that comes in sequence
- Buffalo sports teams, no matter how painful; please watch 30 for 30: Four Falls of Buffalo for insight!
- Paranormal horror flicks, Lifetime, Investigation Discovery, Christmas movies year-round, HGTV, and Meg Ryan/Tom Hanks movies (F-O-X)
- Thrifting and treasure hunting through home goods stores (and the Dollar Spot at Target)
- Building blanket and pillow “nests” around me
- Decorating for the holidays
- Folding laundry when it’s still hot from the dryer
I’d love to hear from you! All questions and comments are welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org.