There’s something magic about Lollapalooza: an incredible amount of bands under the same “roof,” delicious food options, and watching the sun set over the Chicago skyline while listening to music in the surrounding city lights. For years I received tickets for my birthday from my aunt and discovered some of my favorite bands while braving the heat with fellow concert goers having the time of their lives. In fact, I’m going to see my absolute favorite band tonight (The National, yes please!) here in Los Angeles — one that I discovered as a direct result of Lollapalooza.
I used to make the 10 hour drive from Buffalo to Chicago with a full written itinerary of who to see and when they were playing.
My first ever Lollapalooza came complete with a MySpace stage (if that’s not dating me…). I was treated to performances from bands like Radiohead, Brand New, Kanye, Dierks Bentley, Nine Inch Nails, Blues Traveler, and Flogging Molly. I had been to music festivals before but I never experienced one that was so very diverse! Simply put, Lollapalooza seems to gather people of all backgrounds in the same place to share their love of music.
In years to come I saw Lady Gaga, Social D, Green Day, Devo, Mumford & Sons, Mutemath, MGMT, Empire of the Sun, and the late DJ AM take the stage. Tyler picks on me frequently whenever he brings up a musician and I reply, “Oh, I’ve seen them play before!” He knows it was probably at Lollapalooza.
From all of the years I’ve attended Lollapalooza I’ve learned how to pack a bag (and what products to use ahead of time), so when I saw Giuliana Rancic’s Music Festival Must-Haves I nodded my head in agreement. She totally nailed it! I’m excited to have the opportunity to give away a box of these items to one of my lucky readers, but first let me tell you what’s inside!
- Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray – It gets seriously hot out there and there aren’t many places to take cover. The first couple of festivals I didn’t learn my lesson and my makeup was melting down my face all day until there was practically nothing left. I’ve used this product for years and it remains one of the staples I always keep refilled.
- Floppy Hat – This particular hat is my current favorite because it doesn’t lose its shape when folded up, so when the sun goes down I can put it in my tote without worrying. Also, it’s not fun to have to squint to see your favorite performers take down the house.
- Moleskin – Because you’re bound to have your feet stepped on, closed toe shoes are where it’s at, but sometimes they rub on the backs of your heels after long days on your feet. I’ve always kept bandaids in my purse, but once I got to try these moleskins I liked them a lot better. They don’t come off when they get wet and they blend in.
- Cottonelle® Flushable Cleansing Cloths with CleanRipple® Texture – Please keep in mind that you’ll be heading to portable toilets when nature calls. I always, always, always bring these cleansing cloths with me anywhere that has porta potties to feel fresh and avoid using the super thin tp provided on my bum. Cottonelle® with CleanRipple® Texture is designed to clean better, so you’re clean and confident enough to go commando. The texture is a proprietary innovation that is designed to clean better.
- Naked Skin Beauty Balm – Not only is this product SPF protective but it primes your skin to work in conjunction with the setting spray I mentioned above. It instantly retouches skin while blurring out flaws so you can avoid heavy makeup on your skin and focus on a pop of color on your lips or dramatic eyes.
Now that you’ve seen Giuliana’s picks I’m sure you’d love some of your own!
This giveaway ends at 11:59 p.m. on August 8th.
In addition to this giveaway, Cottonelle is hosting a sweepstakes to win an all-inclusive trip to Miami for the Wanderlust 108 Festival on October 22nd. I’m entering as soon as I hit publish here and you should too!
Which of Giuliana’s five festival must-haves is your favorite?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.