When Tyler and I first became a couple we were the king and queen of eating at restaurants and taking food to go. I actually worked in a restaurant and he was constantly on tour, so cooking never even crossed our minds. It was one of the major things we’ve struggled with while learning how to “adult.” Over time we’ve come up with a killer arsenal of quick and yummy meals for the entire family that I hope to keep rolling as traditions.
Fox will be two in a couple of weeks and, although we were blessed with a good eater, we’re always trying to be inventive with the dinners we put in front of him. It’s important to us that he gets a hearty dose of new foods he hasn’t tried before, especially on the veggie end.
One of my favorite memories of Fox was his very first belly laughs which happened to be on my first Mother’s Day. Tyler was listing off different foods and every time we got to “quesadilla” he would lose it with giggles! I let that be the inspiration for one of his current faves: Saucy Veggie Quesadillas!
Here’s the recipe:
Saucy Veggie Quesadillas
Yields: 4 quesadillas
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 4 small flour tortillas
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 cups RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Four Cheese Sauce
- Shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter in pan and drop in thinly sliced zucchini when hot.
- Cook zucchini until soft at medium heat. Stir in sauce and set aside.
- Add 1/2 Tbsp butter to new pan and drop in 1 tortilla.
- Add 1/4 of sauce mixture to one side of the tortilla, cover with cheese and sliced avocados then fold. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Repeat steps 3-5 three more times.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
Pin for later!Fox has loved the upgrade from regular cheese quesadillas, and the Ragu is a perfect way to add sauce without the spice level of salsa. Plus they’re so easy to make!
What’s your go-to meal to make at home? Find more ideas here.
I am making these today. I love Ragu and I love veggie quesadillas. I don’t know why I never got creative like this. You always come up with some great stuff. Thanks for sharing!!
Dominique recently posted…Speaking from the Heart
Did you wind up trying them? They were so good!
Sarabeth McElhaney recently posted…Easy Go-To Outfit Using Stitch Fix Pieces