You guys, I’ve lost 15 pounds! It’s been a little over a month since I’ve started to eat healthy and regularly work out and I’m definitely seeing a difference. I still have a long way to go, but I can tell the difference both physically and mentally, and I’m sure that a great deal of the weight I’m not losing is turning into muscle. I’ve never, ever gotten to this point so this is all very exciting to me!
It’s incredible to see the changes that are occurring.
- Now I crave veggies instead of sweets. What?!
- Everything tastes naturally sweet to me because of all the sugar I’ve cut out.
- My posture is wildly different. I used to catch photos of me with my shoulders curled forward and now I have a “normal” stance.
- I have a ton of energy that helps me get a lot more done in a day. My house is nearly always clean now, which used to be a struggle for me in the past. I was too tired by the end of the day to pick up toys or finish the dishes.
Basically, everything I’ve always read about in other people’s health journeys and scoffed at (because how could life improve that much from eating foods I wasn’t interested in and making myself sweat during a workout help me?) is true and I’ve been foolish not to try it all along!
A few posts back I mentioned a variety of ways I’ve managed to make grocery and household shopping easier with my hectic schedule, including Los Angeles and Orange County servicing Milk & Eggs.
I first heard of Milk & Eggs when I went to a vision board party my friend Suzie put on. She had an entire table filled with fruits, veggies, dips, breads, desserts, and more — all very healthy options that were delivered right to her in a bright yellow bag. Everything came party ready, which had to have taken a lot of stress off of her while dealing with the guest list and compiling the crafting supplies.
I finally pulled the trigger once I received a $20 off coupon on any $40+ purchase because 1/2 off my groceries seemed like a fair deal, so I placed my first order. Shipping is always free!
(Stay tuned for your own code and a HUGE giveaway below.)
For $46 I made out with tortillas, 8 ct. honey sticks, hummus, sprouted multi-grain bread, 3 cucumbers, pre-cut sweet potato sticks, a bag of snap peas and baby corn, a 4 lb. bag of oranges, 5 bananas, almond milk, cage-free brown eggs, and four Raw Juicery organic cold-pressed juices.
Milk & Eggs is so inexpensive (lower than Whole Foods) because the produce comes straight from the farms, cutting out the costs of a middle-man. You can also subscribe to weekly or bi-weekly deliveries if you have it down to a science what you like to receive on the regular. Deliveries come between 5 – 7am, so by the time you wake up you have groceries on your doorstep!
Check out a few of my favorite staples that I think you should add to your grocery list:
- Brothers Products Garlic Spread Garlic & Basil – Every once in awhile Milk & Eggs throws in a free product or two just to say thanks. You can see in the photos above the garlic spread with a sticker that says “TYSM!” on it. Thank goodness they threw this one in because I got to try it and realize how incredibly delicious this is! I cook up veggies with it, mix it into soybean pasta, and it also makes a mean garlic toast.
- Alvarado Bakery Sprouted Multi-Grain Bread – My favorite bread. I’m not sure I could ever go back at this point. I got another brand at the store in a pinch and literally could not eat it. I love how dense this is and keeps me full, and there’s no additives so it’s good for you.
- Califia Farms Better Half Unsweetened Coconut Cream & Almondmilk – One of the hardest things for me to cut out was the super syrupy flavored coffee creamers. I’ve always drank my coffee black, but milk teas are a huge staple in my nightly routine and I knew it had to go. This creamer is much better for me and is just the right amount of sweet.
- Harris Family Apiaries Bee Pollen Jar – This jar is going to last me forever. I sprinkle a little bit of bee pollen and chia seeds into a Kite Hill almond milk yogurt (also at Milk & Eggs) for enhanced flavor with awesome health benefits. Also a fantastic addition to smoothies!
- Raw Juicery The Cleanup – Raw Juicery has a large variety of organic, cold-pressed juices sold via Milk & Eggs, but this one is my favorite. A mixture of activated charcoal, coconut nectar, filtered water, and lavender oil, this drink is both calming and refreshing. Other favorites include Matcha Verde, Majik Coconut Water, and Mexicocoa.
After about a half dozen deliveries more, I was thrilled to be contacted by Milk & Eggs to offer my readers the chance to win a $100 gift card to get their own groceries!
The only thing you need to do to win is sign up for their newsletter here.
In addition to this awesome giveaway, you can use the code “2040” to get $20 off any $40+ purchase.
I’ll be in attendance for a special Milk & Eggs event this weekend in LA and I cannot wait to share details with you! Stay tuned for more info. Oh, and if you need help deciding on what to buy, just ask me because I’ve pretty much ordered everything at some point before 😉