It’s been a few weeks since we closed on our very first home and I figured it was about time to bring the news over here to share! Here are the deets in a short + sweet format.
- We put an offer on the second house we saw. It was in high demand and ultimately we didn’t get it.
- After looking at ~8 homes, we found the one for us! It was love at first sight and our realtor called the seller’s agent before we even left the property.
- We’re staying local to one of the areas I grew up in to be close to family and schools I’m familiar with. I bopped around between Clarence, Orchard Park, and Williamsville and loved each one! School was an incredible experience for me and I can honestly say I always felt happy going in each day.
- We opted for a smaller home than we were aiming for since the one we found was a flip. Both the guts of the home and the surface are shiny and new, which meant no expensive upgrades in the near future!
- Right now we’re slowly decorating and finding the furniture we hope to grow with for decades to come. Everything feels so permanent this time around, so we’ve been focusing on getting everything just right!
- I’ll be sharing updates on how we decorate each room and any DIY projects along the way.
Who You Gonna Call?
I also want to leave you with a shortlist of the pros that made this move possible. We had an overwhelming positive experience home buying, closing early (what?!) and getting in same day. If you’re in the Buffalo area, these are the people you’re going to want to call.
- Realtor — Terri Campbell, MJ Peterson
- Mortgage Lender — Frank Fialkiewicz, Fairport Mortgage
- Attorney — Michael Rakowski, Law Office of Michael S. Rakowski
Let me know in the comments if there’s anything you’re dying to see or know!
Congratulations again Sarabeth! SO happy for you and your family! I look forward to seeing more IG posts/stories as you decorate and make memories in your new home!
Shazie recently posted…Why It’s Okay to Have a Small Friendship Circle
Love you and your endless support! xo
Sarabeth McElhaney recently posted…We Bought a House!