I’m almost done planning Fox’s birthday and let me tell you, I’m so glad it falls on the big game day. This football theme is easy peasy! As I was firming up the menu I landed on a football party staple: chili.
You may know that I believe in spending as much time with guests instead of in the kitchen while entertaining, but that doesn’t mean everything can’t look pretty and still be filled with some delicious, complex flavors! So, with this recipe I looked to Progresso Chili and a cornbread mix (if you’re feeling up to it, feel free to make from scratch!) as added insurance that I would get face time with friends and family.
I love this recipe because it looks like I put a ton of thought into it and it matches my tablescape (because I’m that person who decides that’s part of menu planning haha).
Here are some of the items I will be using to set the table.
And here’s my delicious Game Day Cornbread Chili recipe – just add a fancy football toothpick!
- 1 pouch Progresso Smokehouse Chili Pork & Beef Chili with Beans
- 1 package cornbread mix
- Toppings of your choice (I chose green onion, sour cream, and shredded cheddar)
- Make cornbread following instructions on package. Let cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Cut cornbread into squares and use a spoon or knife to scoop out the middle.
- Heat chili on stovetop or microwave and scoop into cornbread squares once cooked.
- Top with toppings of your choice. Enjoy!
- Tip: this recipe works great with cornbread muffins as well!
For this recipe I used Smokehouse Pork and Beef Chili with Beans, although you could score points with your vegetarian guests by swapping out with the new Roasted Vegetable Chili with 3 Beans. There’s also a Southwest Style White Chicken Chili with Beans if you’d rather stick with poultry.
What will you be cooking up for the big game?
This looks so delicious and easy!! Thanks for posting.
Dominique recently posted…War Room Review
It seriously is! Next time I’m going to put the chili in cornbread muffins so it’s more in cup-form.
Sarabeth McElhaney recently posted…7 Gifts He’ll Want for Valentine’s Day
This looks delicious! Who doesn’t love cornbread, especially when it’s covered in chili goodness?! I will definitely have to try this recipe out soon.