The days following rainfall here in San Diego are always my favorite. The pavement is cooled, grass is lush, and the temperature is perfect. We went out in the backyard today to feel the fresh air and as I rounded the corner the most wonderful fragrance circled the air around me. I sniffed around to find the culprit and stopped dead in my tracks in front of our citrus trees. They were covered in little white blossoms! We’ve been in our house since May 2014 and they’ve never flowered before. I grabbed ahold of one of the fruits and it twisted off the vine easily which meant they were ripe for the picking!
I decided to whip up an easy little cocktail with ingredients we already had in the fridge and it turned out so yummy that I had to share. I call it The Sunburn.
- 1.5 oz. Blue Chair Bay Coconut Rum
- Ruby red grapefruit juice
- Pink grapefruit
- Pour rum over ice.
- Top with grapefruit juice.
- Garnish with grapefruit and blueberries.
- I like mine cold, but minus the ice, so I strain the ice prior to pouring. I'm also a fan of pulp so I muddle a few slices of grapefruit and shake into the drink. All about preference!
Speaking of cocktails, I’ve been thinking about putting together a small bar cart in our dining room, so I scoped out some of my favorite items to include in the spread!
Do you have a bar cart in your home? I’d love to see it for more inspiration!